Home Appliances especially refrigerators are constantly under scanner to be more energy efficient, reliable and environment compliant. This has led many manufacturers to bring new innovations in their product line-up. Many such manufacturers are using CME chambers to test their new products for its cooling performance, energy efficiency and construction reliability under various environmental conditions.
The featured Walk-In Chamber has test space capacity of 25,344 Litres, temperature range of -15°c to 50°c and humidity range of 10%RH to 98%RH. The test chamber has two port holes for live product testing with rate of change of heating/cooling 0.2 °c (with mass) and airflow rate of 0.5m/s. The energy efficient chamber is customisable as per customer’s requirement with 24X7 customer support and is available in 18 countries.
- Mono block construction with outer material primed with phosphate. RAL 7035 epoxy based electrostatic powder coating for a good aesthetic look. The exterior surface have high wear resistance.
- Leveling pads are be provided for installation.
- Pre – polished stainless steel with high gloss brush finish.
- All seams are TIG welded ensuring a vapour tight enclosure.
- Double continuous seal rings of silicone rubber is mounted on a thermal breaker strips as the gasket to ensure complete sealing and zero conduction from the test space to the exterior.
- Door is designed to open pneumatically. A separate compressor is provided for the door opening system.
- Spring loaded latch is provided with a locking facility. The inner surface of the the door is pre-polished stainless steel and a micro switch is provided for an interlock between the conditioning fan and the door opening. Door opening system shall have manual opening as well as programmable.
|Viewing window & Lighting|
- Multi-pane insulated window glasses for inspection is provided on front side.
- The multi pane consists of 5 toughened glasses sealed with silicone and separated by spacers to form a completely vacuumed window.
- Defogger heaters is provided with an flame proof auto cut-off. Flame proof lighting is provided to view the specimen under test.
- High capacity ultra – low temperature semi hermitic compressor is used with flame proof enclosure. The compressor is mounted on anti vibration pads.
- A water chiller condenser specially designed for tropical climates is driven by a co-axial fan. The chiller unit will have a DM plant. The heat exchanger coils is with Inner grooved copper tubes and be finned for maximum heat transfer. Hot gas bypass systems is used for protection against No-Load condition and superior stability and control in temperature.
- Oil return system is used for protection against oil migration from the compressor. Other than the Chamber and Control unit, remaining systems like, Chiller, refrigeration system, water softner & air compressor is installed outside of the bay.
- A low-pressure droplet free vapour boiler of SS 304 with water level indicator and direct vaporization system is used.
- Float switch is provided inside the boiler to maintain the water level in the boiler through makeup solenoid valve.
- Heater safety thermostat is provided on the boiler to protect the heater failure in case no water.
- The wick tank water level is automatically maintained through a water solenoid valve and an electrical float switch.
- Refrigeration based de-humidification coils are used. The desired level of lower humidity is achieved based on maintaining the precise dew point temperature. The output shall automatically be activated on the set point as well in ramp up mode after a low temperature cycle.
- Fault Diagnostics system with history.
- Complete or circuit relevant protection based on fault with audio-visual alarm.
- Independent temperature protection for test specimen (T max & T min)
- Software temperature limiter for min./max. test chamber temperature.
- Protection for excess pressure in refrigeration circuit.
- Automatic oil return for safety of compressor. Bypass protection at No-Load conditions.
- Under Voltage, Over Voltage, Single Phase protection and phase reversal at input.
- Protection for overloaded motor of test space fan and compressors (Thermal Overload Relay).
- The control and monitoring system will be protect against input electrical surge and spike.
- Common Earth point is provided.
- Low water level protection is provided with an electrical float switch
- Low water level protection shall be provided with an electrical float switch. Digital time totalizer shall be provided to monitor the usage.
- Emergency stop to be provided. 2 Nos. of Thermal cut out, in master-slave configuration adjustable in the range (30-100 deg C) to shut down the chamber in case of temerature exceeds the set temperature along with audio – visual alarm at the control panel and in the control room at a distance of about 150 meters away from the chamber.
- The control panel to be equiped with suitable smoke detector / fire alarm.
Test Space Dimension (WXDXH) (mm)
2200 X 3600 X 3200
Test Space Volume (L)
Temperature Range (°C)
-15 to +50
Temperature Fluctuation (°C)
0.1 to 1
Ramp Rate (°C/min)
Humidity Range (%RH)
10% – 98% RH