Thriving solar energy market and increasing competition has raised the reliability and performance standards for photovoltaic modules. Manufacturers must ensure their photovoltaic (PV) modules are robust, reliable and able to consistently deliver the guaranteed rated power even under more severe climactic conditions. CME’s environmental chambers will tremendously help you in this process of developing a reliable PV modules /solar panels at fraction of cost.
Our environmental test chambers puts PV module under varying thermal stress caused by temperature and humidity. The test chamber is compatible to conduct temperature & humidity tests, Humidity Freeze Test and Damp Heat Test, however it’s advised to consider multiple chambers to save time and electricity due to the lengths of the each of those tests. For instance the damp heat test is six weeks long!
- Mono block construction that comprises all systems necessary for operation.
- Outer material are primed and phosphated. Off white 7035 Epoxy based Electrostatic powder coating for a good aesthetic look.
- The exterior surface have high wear resistance. 2 mm Thick Cold rolled mild steel for all panels. 3 mm Thick Cold rolled mild steel for all frames and chassis.
- Pre-polished stainless steel with high gloss brush finish.
- 18swg stainless steel with reinforced bottom floor is provided to withstand a distributed load of 500Kg/m2.
- All seams are TIG welded ensuring a vapor tight enclosure.
- Double continuous seal rings of silicone rubber is mounted on a thermal breaker strip as the gasket to ensure complete sealing and zero conduction form the test space to the exterior.
- Double door with Robust hinges on the side of the chamber.
- The inner surface of the door is provided with prepolished stainless steel and is mounted in such a way that conduction is avoided.
- A micro switch is provided for an interlock between the conditioning fan and the door opening.
|Viewing window & Lighting|
- A 400 x 400 mm multi-pane insulated window glass for inspection is provided on the door with shutter.
- The multi pane window consists of 5 toughened glasses sealed with silicone and separated by spacers to form a completely vacuumed window. Defogger heaters is provided with an auto cutoff.
- Halogen Lighting is provided to view the specimen under test.
- Two non-conducting silicone entry port Ø 125 mm with a non-conducting silicone plug is provided.
- 42 numbers of UVA lamps + 42 numbers of UVB lamps
- Flourescent type lamp of 100W each
- Wavelength of 280nm to 400nm
- High precision UV Radiometer is provided
- Monitoring device/system of the UV radiation of the product under test
- Refrigeration Unit shall be placed 20 metres away from the chamber, such that it will work in a non-AC room
- Semi-hermetically sealed reciprocating compressor
- Single Stage refrigeration system with brazed plate heat exchange
- Based on the time and the cooling demand, in different modes such as soak and ramp up, the compressor automatically turns off for a significant power saving.
- A low-pressure droplet free vapor boiler using direct vaporization system.
- Reservoir is provided with PU tube quick connector and water level is automatically controlled through a water-in solenoid valve.
- The wick tank water level is automatically maintained through a water solenoid valve and an electrical float switch.
- Refrigeration based de-humidification coils are used.
- The desired level of lower humidity is achieved by maintaining the precise dew point temperature.
- The output is automatically activated based on the set point as well as in ramp up mode after a low temperature cycle
- Fault Diagnostics system with history.
- Complete or circuit relevant protection based on fault with audio-visual alarm.
- Independent temperature protection for test specimen (T max & T min)
- Software temperature limiter for min./max. test chamber temperature.
- Protection for excess pressure in refrigeration circuit.
- Automatic oil return for safety of compressor. Bypass protection at No-Load conditions.
- Under Voltage, Over Voltage, Single Phase protection and phase reversal at input.
- Protection for overloaded motor of test space fan and compressors (Thermal Overload Relay).
- The control and monitoring system will be protect against input electrical surge and spike.
- Common Earth point is provided.
- Low water level protection is provided with an electrical float switch
Test Space Dimension (WXDXH) (mm)
3000 X 2250 X 1000
Test Space Volume (L)
Temperature Range (°C)
0 to +85
Temperature Fluctuation (°C)
0.1 to 0.5 (After Stabilization)
Ramp Rate (°C/min)
Humidity Range (%RH)
10% – 95% RH