It is essential to determine the performance of various explosive filled components and their shelf-life during defence product development. Tests involving tropical exposure and intensified standard alternating trials (ISAT) are norm of such performance evaluation process and our customised Climatic Chamber is designed to do it with ease. The 7,200 litre chamber can perform both ISAT (A) & ISAT (B) tests which is based on the alternations between temperature, humidity and ambient conditions (with condensation) and has a small element i.e. each week of dry heat to simulate tropical desert.
The mono blocks construction has outer material primed with phosphate while RAL 7035 epoxy based electrostatic powder coating provides aesthetic look. The exterior surface has high wear resistance. The chamber interior is made of pre-polished stainless steel with high gross finish 1.2 mm thick AISI-304 stainless steel with reinforce bottom floor to withstand heavy load. Between cell-wall and the outer house approximately 150mm PUF or better environment friendly insulation is provided. A large observation window is designed for the specified temperature range is also illuminated by a lamp offering a good test space view. Explosion proof fitting are used in chamber construction to meet IP55 regulation which are also impermeable and thermally isolated. Double construction sealing rings of silicon rubber is mounted on a thermal breaker strip as the gasket to ensure complete sealing and zero conduction from the test space to the exterior.
- Mono block construction with outer material primed with phosphate. RAL 7035 epoxy based electrostatic powder coating for a good aesthetic look. The exterior surface have high wear resistance.
- Leveling pads are be provided for installation.
- Pre – polished stainless steel with high gloss brush finish. 18 SWG stainless steel with reinforced bottom floor is provided to withstand 1000Kg load.
- All seams are TIG welded ensuring a vapour tight enclosure.
- Double continuous seal rings of silicone rubber is mounted on a thermal breaker strips as the gasket to ensure complete sealing and zero conduction from the test space to the exterior.
- Door is designed to open pneumatically. A separate compressor is provided for the door opening system.
- Spring loaded latch is provided with a locking facility. The inner surface of the the door is pre-polished stainless steel and a micro switch is provided for an interlock between the conditioning fan and the door opening. Door opening system shall have manual opening as well as programmable.
|Viewing window & Lighting|
- Two 300 mm X 300 mm multi-pane insulated window glasses for inspection is provided on front side.
- The multi pane consists of 5 toughened glasses sealed with silicone and separated by spacers to form a completely vacuumed window.
- Defogger heaters is provided with an flame proof auto cut-off. Flame proof lighting is provided to view the specimen under test.
- High capacity ultra – low temperature semi hermitic compressor is used with flame proof enclosure. The compressor is mounted on anti vibration pads.
- A water chiller condenser specially designed for tropical climates is driven by a co-axial fan. The chiller unit have a DM plant. The heat exchanger coils is with Inner grooved copper tubes and be finned for maximum heat transfer. Hot gas bypass systems is used for protection against No-Load condition and superior stability and control in temperature.
- Oil return system is used for protection against oil migration from the compressor. Other than the Chamber and Control unit, remaining systems like, Chiller, refrigeration system, water softner & air compressor is installed outside of the bay.
- A low-pressure droplet free vapour boiler of SS 304 with water level indicator and direct vaporization system is used.
- Float switch is provided inside the boiler to maintain the water level in the boiler through makeup solenoid valve.
- Heater safety thermostat is provided on the boiler to protect the heater failure in case no water.
- The wick tank water level is automatically maintained through a water solenoid valve and an electrical float switch.
- Refrigeration based de-humidification coils are used. The desired level of lower humidity is achieved based on maintaining the precise dew point temperature. The output shall automatically be activated on the set point as well in ramp up mode after a low temperature cycle.
- Fault Diagnostics system with history.
- Complete or circuit relevant protection based on fault with audio-visual alarm.
- Independent temperature protection for test specimen (T max & T min)
- Software temperature limiter for min./max. test chamber temperature.
- Protection for excess pressure in refrigeration circuit.
- Automatic oil return for safety of compressor. Bypass protection at No-Load conditions.
- Under Voltage, Over Voltage, Single Phase protection and phase reversal at input.
- Protection for overloaded motor of test space fan and compressors (Thermal Overload Relay).
- The control and monitoring system will be protect against input electrical surge and spike.
- Common Earth point is provided.
- Low water level protection is provided with an electrical float switch
- Low water level protection shall be provided with an electrical float switch. Digital time totalizer shall be provided to monitor the usage.
- Emergency stop to be provided. 2 Nos. of Thermal cut out, in master-slave configuration adjustable in the range (30-100 deg C) to shut down the chamber in case of temerature exceeds the set temperature along with audio – visual alarm at the control panel and in the control room at a distance of about 150 meters away from the chamber.
- The control panel to be equiped with suitable smoke detector / fire alarm.
Test Space Dimension (WXDXH) (mm)
1200 X 5000 X 1200
Test Space Volume (L)
Temperature Range (°C)
-50 to +80
Temperature Fluctuation (°C)
0.1 to 1
Ramp Rate (°C/min)
Humidity Range (%RH)
10% – 98% RH
Humidity Fluctuation (%RH)
1%RH to 3%RH